Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I Have "Officially" Been MIA!!!

As I sit here and stare at my "poorly" kept blog, I am not only overwhelmed but a sudden rush of sadness overcomes me! Perhaps, I have stayed away so long because of the title of my blog and the reality that I no longer have a teenager but now I have a young man who became an adult this past Summer. During my break from blogging, Scrapbooking, retreat and crop attendance... I have stayed mostly busy watching my child grow up. Senior year has been a blur among paperwork and all that it takes to be accepted into a good college than seeking the financial aide that it takes to back furthering of education up.... It is all past us now and I am VERY proud of my young man as he is attending the college of his choice! Now mind you, it didn't start out being the college of his choice but it just sort of grew on him and in the end, there wasn't anywhere else that he wanted to be at more! I am excited, happy and proud that he has been given the honor/opportunity to attend Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia...... and although, it's only been a few days past a week that we moved him in and he's not horribly far away from home, I miss him....... like crazy!!! This brings me to me and the fact that I have been dwelling on what to do with myself now... I'm not quite sure but I think I'm ready to dig out the adhesive and trimmer to create once again... Part of me wonders if it is at all possible to get back into the routine again but then the other part is reminding myself that it's gotta be just like falling off of a bike, ya gotta get back on and just try it again ;-) I've included a hodge-podge of pictures of Daniel's happenings from May 2012 to August 2012. They include Prom, Graduation and then College Move-In Day...












... and to think, it all started 12 years ago, in First grade....

No comments: