Tuesday, March 26, 2013

LATE MARCH SNOW

I seriously can't complain because we have had more of a Winter this year than we've had for the past two years... but I still miss "long ago" days of knee deep snow that sticks around for days. The types that we had when I was growing up where you could count on having clean enough snow each year for the rare treat of snow ice cream! As for this little surprise of this year's "Springtime" snow on March 24th, I was quite delighted and felt that driving around with the new shovel {which was purchased for the last predicted "BIG" which turned out to an almost nothing snow event} clearly had something to do with bringing this storm on. As for the day, it was a dark cloudy day (we tend to have sunny skies when it's snowing) with quite the chill in the air. It looked and smelled like Winter... It was a day to stand by the window and be amazed by the beauty... it was a day of being thankful for living in the country. Of course, the next day... it's back to business of the snow melting quickly and leaving behind an ugly yard of mud!

1st picture - the road on the East side of my house.
2nd picture - now the West side... See the Fire Hydrant? Go down just a bit further, then do you see the little house on the right side? That's how close I live to my parents... simply no excuse that I don't get down to see them more.
3rd picture - house... the Blue part really needs painting this year and I'm SO done with that shade of Blue!!!
4th picture - The storage garage below the back of the house. I swear this thing is haunted & no way in the world am I going near it, much less inside of it!!!
5th picture - snow on trees....... yes, proof that this is country because I am surrounded by trees!

No comments: