Friday, January 25, 2013

LIFE...... When I should have all the time in the world, yet I struggle with getting a grasp on what is most important to accomplish! Most of my close friends know the struggle that I've had with my health and then there are the times when I've needed many shoulders to lean on as my son was preparing to take off for college in order to discover his path in life. At my church, Hyland Heights Baptist Church, I joined an amazing group of ladies in a daily Bible Study (with a weekly meeting) which also included being taught a different lifestyle, a healthier lifestyle. At first, for me it was easier than ever before and it didn't bother me to eliminate white bread, white rice, pasta and sugar from my meals. What I struggled with was developing a routine for exercise. Don't get me wrong, I exercised but not on schedule... Oh how I hated going to the gym and how my "getting older" joints ached but even with what little I did do, I still was shocked about losing around 50 lbs. Like so many other times in my life, "I know how to lose it, I just don't know how to keep it off" so I am struggling because I don't want to go backwards, to get too far off course, to quit like I so often do. I rather liked having energy and feeling good early in the morning because I am SOOOOOO not a morning person! So back to LIFE....... I'm spending all the time that I have trying to regroup, to find balance, to bring back things that I enjoyed in life, mostly creating layouts because it has become a rare event for me..... not because I don't have the time but I spend most of my time organizing, reorganizing and searching for what I want to use. My style has major league changed because I can't even comprehend being able to process a creative idea of my own these days so when I do scrap it is usually from sketches or by being inspired by the work of someone else. Here's a couple of things that I did crank out before my style and method changed. **Oh Daniel is doing just fine in college, recently started his 2nd semester, although he's still majoring in Biology, he's taken the leap to changing his Secondary Education Comprehensive to Minoring in Psychology. I'm perfectly fine with that because he really enjoys both subjects and does well in them also!

LAYOUTS USING ECHO PARK (my true love of patterned paper) and BASIC GREY. Also all 3 are of our pet dog..... Never meant to be a dog owner but he was going to be put down due to crowded shelter and well, I seem to have a soft spot although it was only meant to be for fostering him until another home was found, um that was two and half years ago. He's not so bad, just very quirky, needy and spoiled rotten by Darrell however you couldn't ask for a sweeter or loving dog. The "Echo Park" layout is of his first Winter and oh how he loves the snow, we just don't get much of it!




1 comment:

Lisa J. said...

How am I just now seeing these pages? I love them. The middle one is my favorite. Treasure each moment you have with Smokey.